Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wrench carrying... Combat boot wearing...

If you read my "About me" on the right side of my blog there is a picture of me and FF on our wedding day and it starts out 'Wrench Carrying Combat boot wearing'



Well this weekend I was wrench carrying and well I traded my combat boots for 20lbs worth of very warm steel toed winter boots. I do believe the thermometer said "too cold check again in June." That equates to something below zero.


I am-and have been for the last 8 years a member of the United States Air Force Reserve. Crew Chief. (sounds way cooler then what I actually do). In a nut shell I am an aircraft mechanic on a C-130 cargo airplane also known as a the Hercules or 'Herc' or Trash hauler. (Because we will haul anything and everything).

I love this part of my life- it is how FF and I met (changing a tire bigger then I am, romantic), something he does full time and something that allows me to travel all over the world. But it is (probaly) not something I will speak of often. Everyone has opinions on the military and war, I have mine. People are either full supporters or complete haters there is no in between.


I himmed and hawed for a long time before I started blogging weather or not I would share this- but I decided no matter the reaction this is who I am. I am Tsgt. Amber and I am married to Msgt. FF.




Well I won't always share my personal views on this topic I am a huge supporter (for obvious reasons) of our troops- far and near. Any man or woman who is willing to spend more then a normal work day away from there child or loved ones to support our country is pretty awesome in my book.


Occasionally I will post places you too can show your support.
 
Its been a long cold weekend.  I hope you all had a good weekend.
 
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment