Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cabin Fever

Let me start out by confessing something: Anyone reading this that lives in any sort of warmer climate (I’ll take 32 degrees and above for 10 please) I envy you!

It is that time of season in the Great Winter Wonder Land that many of us start to get what we all lovingly refer to as Cabin Fever.

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines Cabin Fever as the following (I couldn’t have said it better myself):

Main Entry: cabin fever
Function: noun
Date: 1918

: Extreme irritability and restlessness from living in isolation or a confined indoor area for a prolonged time

Yep! I have extreme irritability and restlessness. Today’s high: 8. Tomorrow: not any warmer… Tonight negative something (once we get below zero it’s all the same!)

More or less we have 3 yes THREE more months of snow but the end of January beginning of February is the worst- its too COLD to snow- too COLD too think of being out doors. Kids have been cooped up too long and we are running out of ideas!

From our front window Sweet Pea looks out at the front yard at her “snow fort” and wants to know why she can’t go play. Oh yeah- let me tell you about the “fort” it is 2 rooms each with built in seating with a walk way off the sidewalk of the house it’s huge! Ok, My FF the realtor of the “fort” sold it a whole lot better.

Of course a 4 year old does not seem to understand when you say “I’m sorry honey, it’s too cold to go out side today” But Mommy I got my snow shoes and snow pants!

To walk outside takes your breath away- cold and crisp its hard to get it back.  Everyone walks around with there noses tucked into neck of there coats.  Everything is an icicle with about 3 inches of ice covering most parking lots.  As we near another weekend of too cold to do much of anything we sit indoors and wait. (Did I mention I was supposed to be in Charleston SC this weekend? I hear it’s warm there!).

Cabin Fever: No Matter how much you love the Great Winter Wonderland it gets to us all- cure? A trip somewhere warm and sunny!

Any ideas anyone??

2 comments:

  1. By this time in the winter I am usually hitting the tanning bad once or twice a week. The lack of sun and warmth really gets me down. I know it may not be the healthiest choice, but it's how I get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. That is really cold. And her I am complaining about 32 degrees. I think you need a California vacation.

    ReplyDelete